My name is Snowe and I COMPLETELY understand being broke, “stuck”, full of shame, having low self-esteem, feeling like you’re on a roller coaster in your business, being totally frustrated that you’re not achieving your goals, and wanting God to just do something about it all!
I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs, all of which strengthened my faith in God and led me to creating a soul-filled, profitable business.
Let’s Get To Know Each Other Better!
10 Fun Facts About Me
- I’m REALLY short—my husband claims I am 4’11” & need a booster seat in the car, but I KNOW I’m 5’0″ LOL
- I was adopted when I was 6 weeks old and I still don’t know my biological parents.
- I’m fantastic at Math—in Kindergarten I worked at a 3rd grade level.
- My 8th grade science teacher said I should be a stand up comedian — I AM pretty funny 😉
- I love helping non profit organizations. I have been helping them for 10+ years. My husband and I were even part of a church plant for almost 9 years.
- Ever since I was a small child, I have been really great at creating and managing money. As a child I loved pretending to be a banker and playing games like monopoly and hotels.
- I’ve never been motivated by money & that blocked me for awhile (I used to want to give it all away, but now I realize I can change the world with more of it).
- I had a surprise/”miracle” baby at age 37 and was pregnant at the same time as my daughter (God has a HUGE sense of humor!).
- I love personal growth and books that make you think. My favorite authors are Thoreau, Emerson, Frost, and God (He wrote my favorite book!).
- My husband and I have 7 children and 2 grandchildren (so far). We love kids!
10 Not-So-Fun Facts About Me
- From the time I was a toddler until I was a teenager, I was sexually abused by a male family member.
- I got married at 18 to my first “love” who turned out to be physically & emotionally abusive.The abuse was so bad I actually thought about getting a knife & killing him, but I thought he would kill me before I killed him.
- My ex-husband left me for another woman and disappeared permanently. It took me 18 months to get divorced from him. He’s now in prison.
- In my mid 20’s, Paul & I began a crazy, rock star lifestyle of drugs, partying for days without sleeping, wrong sexual choices, and more.
- I was in so much emotional pain that at age 30 I attempted suicide & was Baker-Acted by the state for emotional health problems.
- After my attempted suicide, I told my parents about the abuse & they disowned me—we still don’t speak.
- I terminated two pregnancies before my miracle baby because I was told I “shouldn’t” get pregnant. Plus, I didn’t want any more kids.
- My daughter started running away when she was 15. She was addicted to drugs. We didn’t know where she was for 6 months.
- I was a Millionaire by age 25 & bankrupt by age 35 (in between we lived off food stamps).
- My choice of drug was cocaine. I was certifiably addicted. I had been trying to stop for about a year. One night I cried out to God & told Him that if He was real, He would have to take this from me. In that moment, I threw away $1000+ in drugs & paraphernalia and never looked back. God is REAL!
Why I Started My First Business At Age 23
After graduating college with an Accounting Degree, I moved to Florida & worked at Walt Disney World as an Accountant. It only took a few months for me to realize this was not FREEDOM! I did however meet the love of my life, Paul, so I know that everything happens for a reason!
I wanted to control my time, my income and my career advancement so at age 23, I left my position to pursue my MBA and began my first accounting & business start up company. My husband Paul was one of my first clients. We were a perfect fit! He had 3 lovely boys from his first marriage & I had 1 gorgeous daughter from mine! After a short romance, we had a dream wedding at Disney World & began our life together! We didn’t “plan” on more kids.
As soon as we were married, we started a Construction & Development company from an investment gone bad. We decided to turn lemons into lemonade and we built a successful multi-million dollar company! Even though we had a very successful company, I always felt that something was missing. I wasn’t passionate & “in love” with what we were doing! There were a lot of “negatives” & not a lot of freedom in owning a traditional business.
My First Big Mistakes
(not listening to someone else’s wisdom)
One day, I was reading the newspaper (yes, we used to only be able to get news from a newspaper LOL) and I saw businesses for sale. I thought purchasing one of these would be a great idea. After all, someone else had done most of the “hard work” (or so I thought) and I figured I could just go in with my expertise and make it an even more profitable business.
I ended up purchasing a salon in an upscale part of town, despite my business broker’s advice that salons are the worst investment (I was only 25-years-old). I was SO excited about helping women feel better about themselves and about doing something more “fun”. To make a long story short, it didn’t work out and we lost about $100,000.
However, everything happens for a reason! Through the salon, I ended up purchasing my second retail store…a ladies’ fitness franchise. It was presented as a really “good deal”, but turned out to be an instant money pit and I found myself in my second failing retail business. So there I was…the economy was about to crash, construction & real estate development were way down, we had maxed out all our resources and I had NO clue what we were going to do.
Then, I heard a buzz about other fitness franchise owners that were making more money selling makeup and skincare than from selling gym memberships!
I didn’t wear a lot of makeup or use any skin care myself, but I remembered from college that there were three things to look for when starting a business: a low ticket, something that’s recession-proof, and products that are consumable. The makeup and skincare business met all three.
I looked at the three biggest makeup & skincare companies and decided to go with Mary Kay because she was named the greatest female entrepreneur in American history, among numerous other awards. I was initially drawn to the untouchable business model, including a family security “retirement” program, but I then fell in love with the amazing community of positive women, the leadership/personal development, and the priorities of the company which operate off of; the Golden Rule + God first, family second and career third! Mary Kay stated that with this order of priorities…everything works, but if these priorities are out of order…nothing works. I believe the same and I’m passionate about continuing Mary Kay’s mission of changing women’s lives so that they can have it all!
Accounting, Taxes, Lipstick & Coaching?
(I agree, its not normal!)
Throughout the years, I provided consulting to friends, family, and entrepreneurs who were first starting their businesses and were feeling frustrated with taxes. I began to see an unhealthy pattern with the tax services that most of them received — especially business owners. I realized most accountants & CPA’s were great record keepers, but they just didn’t ask enough questions (if any) & they never seemed to have a strategic tax plan. I thought was very strange since they were the “experts”. I, on the other hand, would ask my clients only 1 or 2 questions and find out that they were paying way more in taxes than they should have been.
Overall, entrepreneurs seemed to be frustrated with their CPA’s or Accountants. I realized that most CPA’s don’t think outside the box & are NOT risk takers like entrepreneurs. This is what was causing most of that tension!
Through my own frustration & countless people coming to me with this same problem, I realized I had a unique gift to manage & multiply money through strategic tax planning, money management & business mastery. My signature programs offer start up, seasoned & high income earners the systems they need to focus on what they do best, so that they can take their business to the next level! (& save thousands in taxes using my signature strategies!)
All the while, I felt very conflicted about my “unique” gifts & talents. How could I empower women while also being an expert strategist & bean counter? I wanted to just give up the accounting and taxes. Ironically, God brought me clients without even trying (everything happens for a reason & He has a sense of humor).
God began to show me how more women (outside of Mary Kay) needed me as well. He reminded me how he had uniquely designed me for a specific purpose and a time such as this. My “contradictions” were actually created to reach a specific group of women entrepreneurs who are struggling with limiting beliefs surrounding money & taxes. Just like I had been able to move past my own limiting beliefs surrounding money, I am now able to teach what I know to other women with God’s help. That’s the best way to learn!
How was I a Millionaire at 25 & Bankrupt by 35
(I have to be completely HONEST with you)
For a long time after the economy crashed & we lost everything, I was stuck in a lack mentality waiting on God to “do something”. I stopped showing up for myself & using the gifts & talents that He had given me to create wealth. Then, God began to use mentors & coaches to reveal my self-sabotage…I had fears around money that I didn’t even realize! I would hold onto money because “I didn’t know when we would receive anymore”. I’m so thankful to the people that God used to help me.
Once He began to open my eyes, everything changed for me. I was shocked when God told me that I wasn’t waiting on him, but He was waiting on me. Now, I’m earning multiple six figures & on my way to a million again! I know in my heart that God desires for us all to live emotionally, spiritually AND financially FREE.